Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Research & Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The successful candidate will form part of a multi-disciplinary team developing novel techniques of automated inference and decision-making, that integrate to form an autonomous drilling system. The candidate will contribute to the development of dynamic planning, as well as apply their experience in optimisation, efficient algorithm implementation, and knowledge systems to solve real-world problems. Successful Research Scientists investigate challenging questions, generate ideas, develop new solutions, and engage with business and engineering teams to ensure their solutions have a significant impact.
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions to real-world problems by investigating and applying dynamic planning, optimisation and efficient algorithm implementation techniques
- Engage with business and engineering teams to turn proof-of-concept into engineered solutions
- Publish research papers, internal technical reports and patents, and present your work
- Learn about the oilfield domain
- Keep up to date and expand knowledge in your field of expertise
- PhD degree in computer science, mathematics, or related fields (graduating this year or recently graduated)
- Expertise in dynamic planning; optimisation; knowledge systems
- Proficiency in algorithm development, programming, and software development
- Application to real-world problems
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
The Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre offers a stimulating research environment with real-world problems that push the limits of scientific knowledge. We are committed to be at the leading edge of science and to incorporate new emerging technologies in Schlumberger's activities. To achieve that we recruit the most talented scientists from a variety of scientific and engineering backgrounds and give them opportunities to advance their fields of expertise as well as to develop solutions of significant industrial impact.
The Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre strongly encourages the self-development of its scientists, offers high-end experimental facilities and scientific resources, and maintains strong collaborations with academic and industrial research groups worldwide.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.