Skills: Research & Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Successful Research Scientists are excellent communicators and enjoy solving complex problems. They have strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical presentation skills, and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Conducts scientific research under general supervision employing standard scientific principles, theories, and concepts.
- Develops products and implements methods using scientific sound approaches and innovative solutions.
- Monitors own area of scientific expertise and works to expand breadth of technical knowledge.
- Coordinates and communicates work efforts within the R&D organization.
- Develops extensive relationships with Schlumberger technical community, Universities and Business organizations.
- Publishes scientific papers, applies for patents and attends conferences.
- Interfaces with other Engineers and Scientists worldwide in domain of expertise.
- PhD or equivalent experience in physical sciences or engineering.
- 2 to 3 years Post-Doctoral experience in the areas of chemical sensing and/or sensor development.
- Comfortable tackling open-ended problems, with an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Hands-on experience in experimental physics, engineering systems and/or instrumentation.
Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following is desired:
- Knowledge of analytical methods (molecular spectroscopies, elemental analysis, electrochemistry, etc).
- Experience in sensor development and/or optoelectronics.
- Experience in designing and building HPHT systems.
- Experimental characterisation, metrology and data analysis.
- Modeling of sensors system using first principles, data-driven and/or hybrid models.
The Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre offers a stimulating research environment with real-world problems that push the limits of scientific knowledge. We are committed to be at the leading edge of science and to incorporate new emerging technologies in Schlumberger's activities. To achieve that we recruit the most talented scientists from a variety of scientific and engineering backgrounds and give them opportunities to advance their fields of expertise as well as to develop solutions of significant industrial impact.
The Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre strongly encourages the self-development of its scientists, offers high-end experimental facilities and scientific resources, and maintains strong collaborations with academic and industrial research groups worldwide.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.