Skills: IT - Programming & Database, Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As a scientific computing engineer in our team in Aachen you will play a key role in enhancing and maintaining our software suite for basin and petroleum systems modelling. You will also help to develop and extend our cloud-based solutions inside Schlumberger's exploration and production platform DELFI.
The position is offered at the Schlumberger Aachen Technology Center (AATC), based in Aachen, Germany. We develop modeling and planning software for petroleum exploration. You will work in an international environment with team members from several different nationalities. Schlumberger supports constant learning and development of our employees.
- Develop and implement algorithms for numerical simulation
- Maintain and improve functionality of existing frontend or simulation code
- Quality assurance by Unit tests
- Improve the input and output routines for the underlying data layer
- Participate in the devolvement of a server to deliver data in a cloud environment
- Master or PhD in physics, mathematics, scientific computing or comparable education
- Strong computer literacy with aptitude and readiness for multidiscipline training
- Interest in software development
- Knowledge in numerical algorithms and simulation methods
- Solid skills in C++ programming, with good object oriented and functional programming skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent oral, written communication (mandatory: English, optional: German), and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Desirable Technical skills/ Experience
- Source Control (Git, SVN)
- Development environments on Windows and Linux
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in Python, C# or HTML/CSS/JS/TypeScript
- Google cloud services
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production, and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.