Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
The primary role is to support the Reliability Process group with data preparation, analysis and presentation. Main function will be to design datasets or reports to analyze data from computerized management systems. The Reliability Analyst is required to have proficient programming language knowledge and to understand the process for extracting data as directed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverage internal and external data to further evolve Transocean's reliability management approach and help implement additional strategies useful for driving uptime improvements.
- Leverage analytics to develop analysis and decision layer reports and visualizations supporting reliability initiatives.
- Support administration of SQL database for reliability department analysis, reports, and continued strategies.
- Support the continued development and administration of analytical platforms and applications designed to improve reliability centered data reporting, analysis, and decision layer visualization and reports.
- Perform other related tasks, projects, and ad-hoc analysis to drive short-term strategies within the reliability department.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of 3 years in an analytical function is required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required in mathematics, statistics, engineering or another scientific discipline
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to problem solve and adjust priorities with little advance notice to meet deadlines and requests.
- Good communication skills to convey technical information obtained from data reports is required
- Analytical ability and spreadsheet modeling skills are required. Experience in data analytics platforms or programming languages like Alteryx, Matlab, or R is preferred
- Experience with the Microsoft Office package required with a high level of proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint.
- SQL programming or related query language knowledge is required, with understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers.
- Application development (VB, C#, Java) and API experience is preferred
- Experience developing in BI Tools (example: Tableau) is preferred
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.