Skills: Cost Engineer, Estimating, Project Controls
Other Skills: Petrochemical Capital Projects
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our client has an urgent need for a Project Estimator to join their team in Montreal, Quebec. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of cost estimating for downstream 250mm+ CAPEX projects.
This role is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and the Business Development team in estimating the costs of the Capital and Maintenance Projects. This is a new position in the organization; as such the role is to create operational process, tools and data tailored for the Company's objectives. This position involves the translation of Project scope into the estimate of capital and operational expenditure cost during the project phases (i.e. from project opportunity to execution and construction). The estimates completed by the Senior Cost Estimator not only cover the costs associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, implementation, commissioning and start-up but also address the translation of the project risk profile into cost contingency via deterministic and probabilistic methods, the potential effect of market movements over the project timescale, and the complete suite of "Owners Costs" that the Company will experience.
- Accurately interpret and comprehend technical documents (RFP, drawings and specifications).
- Develop conceptual (FEL 0, opportunity) project cost estimates to help the business determine which investment ideas warrant further definition. Assess prospect scope and main components for each concept under consideration.
- Develop FEL 1 (basic concept) cost estimates to assist project team in determining which selected concept is economically viable.
- Develop FEL 2 (basic design) cost estimates to establish the project budget upon approved funding authorization. Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the approved work breakdown structure for design, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up of the hardware elements. Estimate composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
- Provide assurance and challenge, as needed, on detailed project cost estimates (FEL 3, detailed design). Incorporate project actual costs to date and detailed MTOs from IFC (Issue For Construction) design packages matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours to establish remaining project costs.
- Participate in Value Engineering efforts by recommending best solutions based on cost, engineering, quality or availability of materials.
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates.
- Develop benchmarking packages at appropriate level to check estimate results from top down versus both internal and external comparable data.
- Conduct field walks to understand project scope and execution.
- Ensure all project cost estimates, submitted by engineering and construction contractors, comply with the Company Standards, Guides and Procedures.
- Establish and maintain a cost breakdown structure to monitor budgets and other parameters for complete project scope based upon approved estimates.
- Perform uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Utilize appropriate deterministic or probabilistic risk assessment tools to develop the appropriate cost contingencies.
- Perform quantity take offs.
- Establish the Company Standards, Guides and Procedures in regard on Project Costs Estimates.
- Establish database of the Company's Projects costs.
- Select, configure, maintain and use any Software and tools required for Projects Costs estimates.
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in cost estimating positions in the oil & gas, petrochemical or chemical industries, mining, metallurgy industries, in engineering firms, or any other relevant industry.
- Significant experience in estimating costs for complex and multidiscipline projects of at least 250M in CAPEX
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating Tools and Methodologies.
- Experience in cost risk analysis, preferably with both deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Experience in sourcing and using benchmark data.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Advance skill level in MS Excel.
- Fully versed with MS Office suite of software (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- English and French
ANOTECH Energy was founded in 2006 to provide specialty services to the energy industry.
From the beginning, we’ve developed our expertise in technical fields of all energy sectors, including:
• Oil and Gas (E&P)
• Renewable Energies
• Civil & Infrastructure
We deliver the highest standard of services within engineering, projects and operations.
Our vision is to provide clients and employees with a global approach and to maintain an agility to deliver local tailor-made solutions.
ANOTECH Energy operates in over 63 countries worldwide.
Through its offices and partnerships, ANOTECH Energy commits to provide reliable and efficient support to its clients, while understanding the needs of international projects according to local regulations.
Headquartered in France, ANOTECH Energy has also established offices in: London, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Houston, Pointe Noire, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Shanghai.