As a Remote Sensing Consultant you must be able to:
- Provide technical assurance in line with Shell Business Process - Manage Geomatics
- Maintain and further raise the profile of remote sensing data and techniques in support of Shell's activities.
- Embed remote sensing techniques into customers best practices workflows thus ensuring sustainability
- Keep abreast of key emerging remote sensing techniques and data providers. Ability to link these solutions to Shell's business requirements.
- Lead the planning, execution, evaluation and continuous improvement of remote sensing projects, including technical IT, run under major improvement programs/budgets
- Drive fit for purpose implementation of new technology, data delivery and services in line with the Geo-Information strategy
- Ensure customer requirements are met and customer risks are managed, with special emphasis on Geo-Information integrity
- Lead technical assurance in Remote Sensing via owning and improving standards and alignment of workflows
- Accountable for managing all parts of assigned projects (budget, deliverables)
- Ensure close and aligned cooperation between distributed project and Geomatics teams in E&P organization.
- Supervise and coach of first assignees and less-experienced staff to develop their knowledge of, and capabilities in, Remote Sensing
- Lead the role in global projects and GIS Technical Advisory Panel working groups.
- Ensure all remote sensing activities comply with standards/guidelines from Geo-Information and remote sensing strategy
- Assist in coordinating resourcing and prioritization of remote sensing support and projects
- Balance short term requirements with longer term strategy, actively seek and represent the interests of customers, stakeholders and end-users
- Provide and develop remote sensing support for operational activities
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Master's degree (MSc) or Ph.D. in a directly-related Remote Sensing or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University. Strong academic background in geology
- 5+ years of relevant Remote Sensing experience, in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Ability to analyze a large volume of remote sensing data
- 3D/4D imaging experience is preferred
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.