Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Executive, Insurance Adjuster
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The US Health & Welfare Benefits Manager position is responsible for the design, administration, and financial management of all US Health and Welfare programs, including life and disability insurance, medical, dental and vision care plans, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other ancillary programs. These programs deliver benefits to 75,000 US plan participants in all fifty states.
The manager will develop strategic design and cost management opportunities across all benefit plans routinely interacting with senior management, business segment leaders and colleagues in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Tax, Legal and Finance. To operationalize the plans, the manager is also responsible for coordinating annual re-enrollment activities including development of decision support tools, communication materials, and data exchange among suppliers. Further, the individual will also be responsible for effectively establishing and overseeing vendor relationships, including insurance contracts, administrative service agreements and specialty health care suppliers.
This position will serve as Plan Administrator for all fiduciary responsibilities under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and must be a thought leader/business partner for portfolio activity impacting employee benefits. There will be responsibility for the oversight of plan compliance activities to ensure appropriate reporting, disclosure and response to all federal/state requirements.
The US Health & Welfare Benefits Manager reports to the VP US Policy & Benefits and is part of a leadership team of functional experts. The position directly leads a team of Health & Welfare Benefits specialists and collaborates with peers leading Retirement Benefits, Compensation, and Policy teams to deliver a comprehensive Policy & Benefits agenda in the US. The position requires an individual who can effectively blend technical expertise with ability to create vision and direction for a team.
Our shared core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people underpin all the work we do and are the foundation of our Business Principles.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Certification preferred: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification or Certification as a Group Benefits Associate (GBA) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP).
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in US Health and Welfare Benefits.
- Seven (7) or more years of working in Health & Welfare design, administration and finance
- Three (3) or more years of focus on data analytics and strategic planning
- Experience working in client services, benefit carriers and/or employee benefits consulting a plus.
- Deep knowledge of IRC, ERISA and other relevant laws and regulations affecting employee benefit plans.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management as it relates to forecasting, pricing, negotiating, and administrating US Health & Welfare contracts as well as preparing a health care budget including annual premium ratings and company subsidy schedules for 16+ medical/dental plan options.
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic vision based on an in-depth understanding of market trends and legal and regulatory frameworks.
- In house oversight of all vendor and external supplier relationships, collaborating on effective delivery of plans.
- Must be able to provide leadership and build technical capability for team of Health & Welfare specialists.
- Demonstrated merger/acquisition/divestment experience as relates to employee benefits impact.
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate effectively with senior leadership and across various internal functions (i.e., HR, Tax and Legal).
- Effective analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video