Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Under the general supervision of the Payroll Manager, performs a variety of professional
Accounting work with emphasis in technical tasks related to payroll and preparation of payroll financial reports and statements
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly, semi-monthly payrolls; enters payroll, processes, calculates, and posts a variety of payroll actions including wage garnishments, payroll liability claims, overtime hours. Balances and corrects payroll reports
• Processes special payrolls including annual bonuses and year-end adjustment payrolls
• Reviews payroll output documentation for accuracy and maintains quarterly payroll reconciliations and audits
• Communicates with Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers, rate changes and benefit deductions
• Researches and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO, banking, garnishments, employment verifications, workers compensation, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes
• Prepares accounting reports including journal entries and all related payroll reports. Works closely with Finance team to ensure accurate reporting and postings at month end
• Researches and analyzes regulatory updates and other information impacting payroll systems
• Serves as a back-up to the other team members in the processing of payroll and other duties
• Maintains and reviews payroll mail and ensures proper follow up and research is conducted
• Performs related duties and assist in special projects as assigned by management
• 5-6 years payroll experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Time management skills and resourcefulness
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present
• Knowledge of wage and hour laws
• Excellent skills using excel and MS Word
• ADP Payroll system preferred
• Success Factor/Deltek system experience preferred
• Associates degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field plus 6-8 years of fulltime payroll or accounting experience
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.