Dallas, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Skills: Client Representative, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Other Skills: Construction HSE, HSE Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
*Dependent on award*
The HSE Consultant identifies, eliminates and controls hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using the clients HSE standards, best practices and analytical techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work with client to outline an appropriate plan and necessary execution of HSE requirements
- Facilitate daily site HSE meetings at clients specified location(s).
- Implement preventive measures and recommend improvements on any unsafe conditions, materials and equipment
- Perform job site analysis, determine employee exposure, and recommend safe work procedures
- Conduct daily HSE inspections, document findings, and recommend corrective actions
- Conduct accident investigations and facilitate the return to work program as per client standards.
- Facilitate the clients Substance Abuse Program, including drug and alcohol testing
- Create a system for maintenance of all site required documentation related to HSE issues, i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs
- Facilitate HSE training sessions for employees and supervisors
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for sub-contractors, providing guidance for HSE related functions
- Act as a third party to investigate all incidents, including recommendations for future prevention and methods of mitigation
- Ensure Compliance with applicable OSHA, PHMSA, FMCSA, EPA, TCEQ, Federal, State, and local requirements
- Work with authorized personnel to assist in the development of Temporary Traffic Control Plans and Procedures.
- Work with project personnel in a professional and mature manner in order to maintain the integrity of the Company and relationships formed therein
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Complies with Company Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favourable drug testing results throughout the term of the contact
- Adheres to all safety standards
- Requires frequent travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or similar) preferred
- Minimum 3 years of construction HSE related experience or; Minimum of 5 years related experience and professional certification in lieu of degree
- Pipeline experience preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA CFR 1926 and 1910 standards
- Able to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on the Company's HSE standards
- Utilizes organizational skills with good attention to detail and emphasis on quality
- Displays good written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel, vendors and medical professionals
- Must have a reliable 4WD vehicle which is safely able to travel on unimproved roads
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- First Aid/CPR Instructor; or the ability to obtain within 30 days of offer
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 510 or 511
- PEC SafeLand Instructor; or the ability to obtain within 30 days of offer
- OSHA Fall Protection
- OSHA 500 or 501
- OSHA 3015 Excavation/Soil Mechanics
- OSHA Confined Space
About the Organization
Founded in 2003, we are a dynamic organization that has been recognized six times by INC 5000, which ranks the fastest growing companies in the United States.
At our headquarters in Seattle, we embrace a casual, open and bike-friendly environment. Although we work at a quick pace, we like to supplement the work office day with the occasional food cook-off, events, or to play fetch with the dogs. This attitude towards the workplace environment led to an award from the Seattle Met as one of the Top Ten Best Places to Work in Seattle.
If you are simply looking for a paycheck, this may not be the role for you. We are seeking someone that is eager to learn and expand their professional abilities within the organization. We pride ourselves in offering a positive and challenging work environment based on collaborative relationships and continuous learning.
Remote Medical International® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Remote Medical International® complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
This position is currently accepting applications.