Loving, New Mexico, United States
Loving, New Mexico, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Other Skills: MUST BE A NEW MEXICO RESIDENT
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Non-exempt / hourly
Location: Loving, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
THIS POSITION REQUIRES CURRENT NEW MEXICO RESIDENCY
Carlsbad Area Mechanic is required to inspect, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment at the assigned facility or area of operations. The Mechanic will support the Sendero Engineering and Operations Team to ensure safe and efficient operations and compliance with all applicable regulations, Sendero's company EHS policy and O&M manual.
- Perform mechanical maintenance on compressors, pumps, and other mechanical equipment at compressor stations and gas processing plants
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance programs and record keeping consistent with manufacturers specifications
- Coordinating and planning major overhauls of compressor packages, as well as centrifugal gas compressors
- Routine maintenance and support on reciprocating/screw gas compressors
- Coordinating and overseeing major repairs and overhauls on pumps, compressors and engines
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining applicable equipment
- Support for centrifugal/positive displacement pumps, centrifugal/diesel air compressors, industrial cooling fans, gas/diesel engines, electrical generators, and HVAC systems
- Replacing/refurbishing mechanical seals
- Initiating mechanical maintenance without direct supervision and directing small contract work groups in daily activities
- Working directly with vendors to resolve rotating equipment/parts issues
- Working directly with engineers to resolve mechanical/compressor issues
- Identifying infrastructure needs for production and maintenance departments
- Documenting critical work (written reports for tracking equipment history) and maintaining shop equipment, tooling, and spare parts/consumable inventory
- Actively participating in job planning
- Representing the mechanical group at meetings
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving/Analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Works mostly outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment. Required to climb about equipment and work in confined areas (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels). Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment. Wears safety equipment as required. Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools. Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position. Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work. Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs., and applies up to 100 foot pounds of torque. Regularly gets into and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads. Walks an average of 5 miles per day, up to 7 miles per day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly position with standard 8 hours per day, 5 days per week schedule and applicable overtime for approved additional work hours and call-outs. Expected to provide coverage beyond normal scheduled shifts during plant projects and for peer PTO.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected (< 25%).
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years' experience with compressors, Wauk 7044 and CAT 3516 engines
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with drawings and schematics
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to follow written or spoken work instructions in English
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs
- Must have a reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
- Able to understand and interpret equipment manuals
- Able to provide understandable and legible reports
- Demonstrate sound judgment
- Able to perform work independently
- Open to learning and have a history of being able to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.