Loving, New Mexico, United States
Loving, New Mexico, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech, Pipeline Operator, Refinery / Plant Operator
Other Skills: MUST BE A NEW MEXICO RESIDENT. Midstream mechanical refrigeration, HMI, SCADA, TEG dehydration, amine sweeting, Laborer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Location: Loving, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
THIS POSITION REQUIRES CURRENT NEW MEXICO RESIDENCY
Carlsbad Area Operator is responsible for the implementation of activities related to the operations and maintenance of the Sendero Carlsbad Area gathering system and processing plant. The Operator will support the Sendero Engineering and Operations Team to ensure safe and efficient operations and compliance with all applicable regulations, Sendero's company EHS policy and O&M manual.
- Execution of startup, shut down and normal operations of compressors, furnaces, distillation towers, expanders, electric motors, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves and alarms.
- Performing tests and interprets results on product samples and makes necessary adjustments to maintain a specification product within strict tolerances.
- Develop the ability to troubleshoot and rectify plant operational problems when necessary.
- Ensure smooth product movement by controlling gas and liquid flows to pipelines and loading trailers moved by truck while maintaining compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Prepares maintenance orders and notifies maintenance personnel of problem areas.
- Performs minor repairs and assists maintenance personnel in major equipment maintenance and overhaul.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to keep plant clean and safe.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data pertaining to the operation of equipment in the plant including, but not limited to, operating and shutdown procedures, vendor manuals and process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in liquid extraction facilities and equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Basic computer operating skills are required. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills preferred, but not required.
- Have the ability to work as a team with other operators and plant support staff.
- ·Have the ability to perform in a self-motivated work atmosphere with little supervision to complete all of the required job duties.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving/Analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly position with standard rotating 12 hour shift and applicable overtime for approved additional work hours and call-outs. Expected to provide coverage beyond normal scheduled shifts during plant projects and for peer PTO. Outdoor, variable weather conditions around heavy equipment, occasionally at heights.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected (< 25%).
Required Education and Experience
- Specialist knowledge in one main discipline of mechanical, E&I or process engineering.
- Broad knowledge of Cryo Plant Operations including mechanical, E&I and process systems
- Experience of managing technical scopes of work and engineering studies with third party engineering contractors to schedule and budget.
- Good understanding of companies Standards and Guidelines to guide Contractors technically during the project.
- Is knowledgeable of codes and standards including OSHA, PSM, PHMSA, EPA, and New Mexico
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School degree with experience or Technical Training in EHS, PSM, MOC, gas processing, measurement, compression
- Prior experience with mechanical refrigeration and cryogenic gas processing
- Prior experience with HMI (Wonderware, Delta V, Factory Talk)
- Prior experience with SCADA (Cygnet, Ignition Field Viewer)
- Prior experience with TEG Dehydration and Amine Sweetening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.