Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tyler, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Torque Turn Tech I (TSTII).
This position requires the employee to understand facts, concepts, theories, procedures, and relationships between TT components.
• The Torque Turn Tech I will require close supervision for the first few months on the job or until confident to fulfill duties on their own.
• This position requires the employee to understand facts, concepts, theories, procedures, and relationships between TT components.
• The Torque Turn Tech I should also understand information that has been analyzed after a job is complete as understanding data is critical.
• Responsibilities are to identify and communicate with the shop lead hand for the proper placement of the torque turn system and proper operating procedures with the torque sub, transmitter, receiver, and the Laversub/Attex.
• Check pipe and get all pipe specs and torques from customer representative.
• Enter necessary job information into laptop for all specs.
• Consults with customer representative for all job information and invoices.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have solid computer skills with the ability to navigate through programs and download data.
• Must reside within a one (1) hour drive of this location
• Previous oilfield experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to multitask.
• Organizational skills.
• The ability to work both cooperatively and independently and set priorities in the context of operational impact and corporate goals.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs and ability to work prolonged hours if needed.
• Requires the ability to stand up to ½ the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Typically works in a moderately noisy, business office environment
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.