Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Under the general supervision of the Payroll Manager, performs a variety of professional accounting work with emphasis in technical tasks related to payroll and preparation of payroll financial reports and statements.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly, semi-monthly payrolls; enters payroll, processes, calculates, and posts a variety of payroll actions including wage garnishments, payroll liability claims, overtime hours.
Balances and corrects payroll reports
• Processes special payrolls including annual bonuses and year-end adjustment payrolls
• Reviews payroll output documentation for accuracy and maintains quarterly payroll reconciliations and audits
• Communicates with Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers, rate changes and benefit deductions
• Researches and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO, banking, garnishments, employment verifications, workers compensation, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes
• Prepares accounting reports including journal entries and all related payroll reports. Works closely with Finance team to ensure accurate reporting and postings at month end
• Researches and analyzes regulatory updates and other information impacting payroll systems
• Serves as a back-up to the other team members in the processing of payroll and other duties
• Maintains and reviews payroll mail and ensures proper follow up and research is conducted
• Performs related duties and assist in special projects as assigned by management
• 5-6 years payroll experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Time management skills and resourcefulness
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present
• Knowledge of wage and hour laws
• Excellent skills using excel and MS Word
• ADP Payroll system preferred
• Success Factor/Deltek system experience preferred
• Associates degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field plus 6-8 years of fulltime payroll or accounting experience
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.