The purpose of the role is to ensure plant capability in ensuring safe production and delivery of hydrocarbon to the
customer through ensuring that all mechanical equipment is well maintained and functioning in-line with SMEP IMPs.
The Operation Technician will be accountable for:
- Complying to the approved business plan for the complex.
- Complying to the approved operating budget
- Sustaining HSSE culture amongst the Mechanical Team.
- • Ensuring the safe and timely execution of activities at the location.
- • Contributing to the Company's Goal Zero aspiration
- • Directly ensure the maintenance (PM & CM) compliance through disciplined execution.
- The operations technician is expected to be multi-skill or trade in-line with SMEP Multi-discipline technician philosophy.
Delivery of SMEP IMPs as per intent to safeguard Asset Integrity.
- The Operations Technician will ensure safe and quality execution of operations and maintenance (PM & CM) task assigned to him/her.
- Contribute to ensuring that supply and demand of hydrocarbon to customers and are to specification.
- Carry out troubleshooting of any mechanical related plant issues.
- Ensure that all mechanical related critical spares are available on site. To carry out the procurement of spares/materials through SAP and timely SAP closure of all mechanical related PM/CM generated.
- Provide input into the weekly scheduling meeting, ensuring Mechanical OT are able to carry out the activity
- Intervene when observing unsafe act/condition
- Diligently perform start of shift Orientation (SoSO) to ensure safe and reliable production.
- The Operations Technician may relieve the Mechanical Team Lead, in the Mechanical Lead's absence.
- To acquire new skill and knowledge to meet the company's or regulatory strict requirements to enable safe and reliable productions
- Function as an OSC/Coxswain/Firefighter during drills and emergencies.
- Execution of roles and responsibilities of assigned Operations Integrity task such as equipment inspector, hose
- inspector, etc.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
The Mechanical Operations Technician needs to integrate effectively across a range of areas. The key challenges include:
Plant Availability:Ensuring high plant availability through disciplined execution of maintenance activities as well as replenishment of spares to minimize MTTRIncreasing Mean Time Between Failure, through execution of Maintenance Plans, as defined and planned in the CMMS (SAP).
HSE:Carry out duties as OSC/Coxswain/Firefighter during drills and emergencies.PTW Applicant for related maintenance activities.As and when there are business requirements, to take up assigned safety critical roles, provided training & development have been provided.
Asset Integrity:Minimize equipment breakdown through execution of Maintenance plansExecution and participation in facilities improvement initiatives.
Projects/Contractor:Site representative during project execution, collaboration with the project team to ensure safe execution.Manage contractors' activities on-site, ensure quality work execution and review site report.
The successful applicant will work on 14 days on/ 14 days off rotationCompany Description
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
- Diploma in Science/ Mechanical Engineering required
- At least 5 years of experience preferably in Oil & Gas
- Preferably applicants who are eligible to work in Sarawak are encouraged to apply
- In-depth understanding of day to day front line operations, a prerequisite
- Achieved OT competency levels
- Able to work on a 1-year contract, 14 days on/off
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.