Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive, log, prepare, and perform analyses for samples according to procedures and test methods
• Prepare media, perform required QC checks, and maintain media logs
• Receive and log consumables
• Monitor temperatures and pressures and maintain appropriate logs
• Maintain a clean and sterile environment
• Communicate test results as required
• Maintains basic understanding of GLP and any accreditation/certification requirements
• Maintains records of all quality activities as documented in procedures and test methods
• Make precise measurements using visual assessment (examples: balance centering, pH measurement using pH strips)
• Accurately enter and/or verify sample results into computer
• Maintains and calibrates equipment, as necessary
• Corrects nonconformance and potential nonconformance
• Improves laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis
• Performs other testing or duties as assigned
• Committed to continuous improvement
Entry level analytical position in a microbiology laboratory.
B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, or a closely related field, with some analytical experience. Effective oral and written communication skills. Basic computer skills. Experience in laboratory work is desired, however on the job training will be provided. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Ability to maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment. High attention to detail and quality in results.
Position requires the ability to follow GLP while performing SOPs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, push, pull, stoop and crouch. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Typical Work Schedule
The laboratory typically operates Monday through Friday, with 8 hour shifts from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Availability to work evenings and weekends based on the customer demand.
Typical Work Environment
Laboratory and office setting. Always more than one activity going on at any given time. Possible contact with infectious materials, biohazards and unpleasant odors
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.