Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Undertake engineering duties associated with design, certification and safe commissioning both on and offshore. Exercise technical authority, autonomy and professional acumen in all activities. Supervise the time of others in the team to achieve these duties.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, PD&MS QHSE Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Direction and supervision of Engineers and Designers.
- Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project / job. Estimation of deliverables.
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Immediate identification to Lead Engineer of any issue that has the potential to cause change or growth to any area of the project or study, in comparison to the original design intent / deliverables required.
- Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule and budget. Reporting progress as per PD&MS systems and procedures.
- Production and checking of documents and engineering design deliverables created by own discipline.
- Review of documents circulated by other disciplines for IDC or comment.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- BSc or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Chartered Engineer status
- Significant, demonstrable experience in Detailed Design Engineering and Engineering Checking
- Detailed understanding of all Engineering disciplines
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Oil & Gas Industry Codes and Standards
- Understand the application of Autodesk Design products
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications
- Survival BOSIET/FOET with CA-EBS
- Exposure to people management
- Thorough knowledge of drilling and rig equipment and systems
- Demonstrable understanding of drilling operations and maintenance activities
- Excellent written and spoken English