Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alvin, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Wood is currently recruiting Electrician journeyman with high voltage termination experience for our Alvin, TX project. TWIC card is required. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently. You will plan, layout, install and repair wiring, condut. electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Working 6/10s. Approximate duration 4 to 6 weeks. Pay rate $32 to $34. Per diem $90/day.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked. Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy. Perform a variety of duties which may change often. Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately. See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensionsl objects. Work at heights without fear.
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
2. Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, tape measure and conduit benders.
3. Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
4. Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
5. Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
6. Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with screws or bolts using hand or power tools.
7. Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
8. Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope.
9. Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
10. Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
11. Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
12. Maintains tools and equipment.
13. Be able to distinguish colors.
14. Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc.
15. Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
16. Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
17. Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
18. Be motivated and work safely and productively.
19. Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc
U.S. only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.