The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for facilitation and/or content development. Because developing and delivering content is closely tied together at Frank's International, most L&D Specialists fill each role to some degree, although it is possible to focus on only one role (facilitation or content development).
This role will be based in the UK supporting the Eastern Hemisphere and will report to the Learning and Development Regional Manager who is based in Lafayette.
- Oil and Gas industry experience in a technical role is preferred
- Proven track record and consistent performance that meets and exceeds expectations
Key Functional Skills
- Adult learning theory and instructional design principles preferred
- Organizational skills
- Internally motivated, solution-oriented problem solver
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype and SharePoint
- Prior experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) - or similar systems - preferred
- Prior experience with Technical Competency Management Systems preferred
- Able to acquire facilitator or content developer certification
- Able to complete a basic, internal certification in instructional design or train-the-trainer
- Be available to travel as required to meet business needs
- Must be able to perform one of the following:
- Demonstrate novice understanding of instructional design:
- Creates 4 to 8 hours of simple and short instructor-led, eLearning and/or blended learning courses and content.
- Learns to apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods that enhance learning retention and transfer knowledge.
- Learns about performance measurement criteria and assessment instruments
- Learns about analysis of markets, learners and context in order to recommend solutions
- Demonstrate novice understanding of facilitation
- Prepares for, facilitates and evaluates simple courses ranging from 4 to 8 hours with minimal supervision
- Learns to engage learners of diverse styles and cultures in a positive, energetic and professional manner.
- Acts as a hands-on technical instructor and subject matter expert by demonstrating a thorough knowledge of their subject matter and displaying an ability to connect that subject matter with related knowledge areas.
- Learns to prepare learning materials and environments to maximize student learning.Able to quickly adapt to meet learner needs, capture lessons learned and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Uses standardized metrics and assessments, evaluates student learning fairly and consistently, provides learners with constructive feedback, and learns to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
- Supports content management by modifying materials based on feedback and lessons learned, and develops new courses, labs and exercises.
- Learns to apply best practice techniques for starting to learn sessions, maintaining control of sessions, adjusting processes as-needed to reach desired outcomes, and setting an appropriate pace.
- Support learning initiatives for support functions such as Legal & Compliance, IT, Supply Chain, Finance or HR as appropriate.