Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SR. IT ENGINEER (STRATEGY & EA)
Primary Purpose of Job
Develop Information Technology (IT) strategic roadmap based on company objectives and strategies. Participate in building strategic planning capabilities and enforce IT governance policies and procedures by working with concerned departments to deliver measurable business value, while aligning and enabling the business and technology strategy.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an appropriate/equivalent Engineering/Business field, preferably a graduate degree with similar concentration.
• Appropriate professional ICT certifications and/or experience, in Balanced Scorecard, TOGAF or similar EA frameworks and preferably in direct application to the ICT function of Oil and Gas
Experience & Skills
• 9 + years of applicable work experience assessing and planning IT capabilities, performance improvement, and/or transformational change, of which at least 4 years is comprised of direct management experience in an Oil and Gas ICT Development and Support organization
• Excellent understanding of internationally recognized best practices, standards and methodologies.• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and architecture.
• Excellent people management, negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multinational workforce effectively.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to customers, contractors, and staff.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.