TITLE: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP Facilities & Fabrication
DEPARTMENT: Division 5
• Project Management / Documentation
• Estimating (changes and new projects)
• Project Schedule Maintenance
• Project Coordination/Permit Support
• Subcontract Documentation
• Unit Rate Documentation
• OQ/ES&H Administration
• Problem Solving
The Project Engineer/Scheduler works with the Regional Manager, Project Managers and other support personnel as well as Client Project Managers, Contract Specialists and regulatory agencies. This role assists with Project Management/Documentation, Estimating (changes and new projects), Project Schedule Maintenance, Project Coordination/Permit Support, Subcontract Documentation, Unit Rate Documentation, OQ and ESH Administration and other project related activities. Must be willing to travel 6 to 9 months per year.
A. Supervision Received
• Receives functional direction from VP of Facilities & Fabrication of Pipeline, Regional Manager, and Project Managers.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Provides guidance and direction to construction office administrative personnel.
• Internal - Regional Manager, Project Managers, Superintendents, Construction Support Personnel.
• External - Client's Project Managers, Contract Specialists, Regulatory Agencies.
D. Principle Responsibilities
Safety, Health & Environment Coordination
• Ensures all corporate policies and procedures are followed
• Ensures Job Hazard Analyses (JHA) are performed as/when required
• Ensures any and all incident reports are comprehensively prepared and submitted in a timely manner
• Assist with project estimating, material requisitions, and material pricing.
• Ability to develop and maintain fully resource and cost loaded schedules in Primavera, and/or other required software.
• Ensure project schedule maintenance is up-to-date and issues reported to the Project Manager or Regional Manager.
• Ensures all correspondence, documents and drawings from customer, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, inspection companies and agencies are received, dated and logged in.
• Review drawings.
• Ensures all subcontracts are executed and subcontractor insurance coverages are in place and meet contract and project requirements.
• Ensures Contract is closed out properly (per Contract requirements) and in a timely fashion, including but not limited to:
- If required, as-builts (red-lines) are prepared and transmitted to customer.
- Change orders are submitted and approved.
- Historical report(s) is prepared.
• Work with and assist Project Management with day to day planning and problem solving.
• Budget is prepared to support project reporting requirements (re-cost of estimate).
• Serves as interface (as requested) with owner (or general contractor), engineer, third-party services (subcontractors) and regulatory agencies.
• Ensures all project documents (daily reports, inspections and photos) are collected and distributed.
• Responsible for preparing and updating schedules and work plans.
• Provides required information to support cost accounting and cost forecasting functions.
• Notifies Management of periodic (generally weekly) progress, change order status, problems and corrective actions and any significant impact to cost, schedule, quality, safety, client relations and other areas of risk.
• Draft client letters for Management approval.
• Ensures all critical decisions, instructions and meetings are documented accurately and timely.
E. Job Knowledge
• Experience in working independently ensuring smooth flow of information and maintaining confidentiality.
• Leadership and superior written and verbal communication skills are critical factors for success.
• Demonstrated computer skills in areas of word processing, data base and spreadsheet applications.
• Knowledge of fundamental filing systems and procedures.
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize to meet project time restraints.
• Solid business acumen and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain positive relationships across the organization and with diverse personalities.
• Exceptional operations, analytical and decision making skills.
F. Work Experience and Education Requirements
• 3+ years of experience as a P6 Primavera Scheduler/Project Controls Analyst.
• Four-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field recommended, or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of project management software, tools, and methodologies is desirable.
• Construction industry experience is desirable.