Skills: OIM, Installation Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Prepare offshore execution schedules as required in support of the project/proposal
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements
- Develop detailed installation procedures and manuals as well as supervise the creation of associated drawings.
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget.
- Follow up the procurement process for materials and services specified.
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client
- Notify direct supervisor and the Project Manager of any problems occurring with any Other engineering areas
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented
- During the offshore execution phase, ensure that operations personnel on board the vessel receive all useful data in form of reports, manuals, and drawings
- Follow up activities offshore or in any, construction site deemed necessary by the project
- Specify and follow up pre-commissioning activities with guidance from a pre-commissioning specialist.
- Familiar with industry codes and standards applicable to offshore 011 & Gas facllltles design, construction and Installation
- Knowledgeable In various offshore pipeline and/or heavy lift Installation techniques and understanding Installation factors and criteria which might affect the design, costs and schedule for development of offshore oil fields.
- Familiarity with reel lay pipeline installation is a plus
- Experience on site at shore base facilities and fabrication yards as well as site preparation experience is a plus. Previous pre-commissioning experience is a plus.
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.