Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Other Skills: Solids Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location: Midland, TX, US
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating the automated pipe handling system (including catwalk) from Cyber Chair
- Coordinates Rig Operators to operate and maintain rig, fluids and solids control equipment and the logistics for all on and offline operations
- Picking up downhole tools (BHA)
- Monitoring the fluids system status (from the DCR)
- Manages the Permit to Work system
- Able to stand for the WCS
- Supervision of back and front yard activities (pre-activity and post activity tasks)
- Manages Permit to Work system
- Pipe handling equipment operation: Catwalk, Central package
- Drill pipe and Casing handling including building stands off line
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience as a Driller or above in onshore and / or offshore operations
- Computer and software literate: receptive to new software technology
- Preferably some time spent drilling land horizontal wells and with cyber chair / joystick control rig exposure
- IWCF L3
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.