Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reports to clients onboard Drilling Supervisor
- Conduct pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of the rig crew.
- Is always fully compliant and ensure Rig is compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards and guidelines.
- Supervise all activities to ensure the rig's structural integrity is maintained, using the Management of Change procedure whenever required.
- Supervise all Rig departments.
- Provide positive leadership to the rig crew. Train and evaluate the rig crew. Act as a mentor.
- Ensure that all risks are properly assessed and mitigated.
- Ensure that all applicable QHSE policies are communicated to, understood and followed by all personnel at the rig site.
- Liaise with the customer's representative at the rig site to implement the well program in an efficient manner compliant with all applicable QHSE policies and regulations.
- Plan, organize and manage all daily rig operations including, but not limited to, drilling, well testing, work-over, well control, rig-down, rig move and rig up.
- Personally supervise all key and/or critical operations and ensure that all non-critical operations are properly planned and supervised.
- Personally verify the QHSE compliance of the work-site before signing-off any Permits to Work.
- Direct the application of the planned and preventive maintenance programs.
- Keep equipment and systems operational by setting priorities on equipment repairs.
- Monitor rig equipment and systems usage and ensure that operational parameters and limits are observed.
- Supervise the testing and checking of equipment and systems.
- Supervise activities to ensure the rig's structural integrity is maintained, using the Management of Change procedure whenever required.
- Plan work for the rig crew.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with customers' representatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- IWCF Wellcontrol certificate
- Minimum 8-10 years industry experience, with at least 3 years experience as a Driller on an offshore rig and at least 2 years experience as a Tour Pusher
- Cyber chair and joy stick experience
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.