Skills: Maintenance Technician, Well Control, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location: Midland, TX, US
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical / Electrical / Hydraulic (Mc Gyver)
- Follows instructions of Well Construction Specialist, Well Operation Specialist and Rig Operator 3.
- Executes all physical rig floor tasks (make up of BHA). Wellhead, BOP, RCD & well control equipment rig up/down and test.
- Prepares and moves all drill pipe, tools, BHA, etc. to/from catwalk
- Prepares casing for running and moves casing & equipment to pipe rack/catwalk
- Assist Rig Operator 1 and 3
- Assists in routine, preventive and corrective TLM maintenance
- Identification, verification and preparation of all equipment to be run into the well. Ground tubular movements (to catwalk). Operates all systems such as air hoists.
- Performs basic Pipe Handler maintenance & troubleshooting
- Routine maintenance of pumps and related equipment (c-pumps, strainers, valves, agitators etc)
Experience and Competencies:
- Min. of 1 year experience as an advanced Motorman or higher on land rigs and at least 2 years as a floorhand, preferably in Permian Basin
- Experienced in Motorman duties (Mechanical / Hydraulics or Electrical background)
- Has worked with Iron Roughnecks and air hoisting systems
- Experienced in BHA tools, casing running equipment, Cement Head equipment, BOP testing
- Experienced in rig equipment maintenance & pumps under supervision
- Experienced in rig move, rig up and rig down
- Forklift / Frontwheeler driving certified
- Good Rig house keeping records
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.