Skills: Electrical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currentlyseeking a Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Maintenance Superintendent in Lake Charles, La.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Maintenance Superintendent is a member of a multidiscipline operations team, reporting to the Engineering Director. The main purpose of this position is to oversee the overall daily activities of the Maintenance department.
Responsibilities may include:
- Prioritize work to be performed by E&I Technicians and consult with Reliability Engineer on work to be contracted.
- Works with the Reliability Group to ensure that Preventive Maintenance programs or Permanent Electrical equipment modifications are put in place to address the "Root Causes" of downtime and quality issues.
- Ensure safety best practices and policies are followed.
- Collaborates with Production Operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
- Monitors and participates in operations in assigned areas including inspecting projects, developing and implementing modifications and improvements.
- Maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the management team to effectively meet departmental objectives.
- Provides input into the development of the operating budget for the assigned area of responsibility; orders materials and supplies; assists in the monitoring and tracking of expenditures.
- Responds to emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with others; directs the work and utilization of resources to effect repair.
- Prepares records related to the work performed and materials and supplies used.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- 15 plus years of equal or relevant experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.