Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
To provide structural engineering support and guidance in the application of structural engineering principles, methods, and techniques and coordinate and assist the vendors through project life cycle to ensure timeliness, quality and consistency of such work and adherence to the client requirements and contract specifications.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers and Design Managers as required.
- Monitor the technical performance of Design Consultant(s) on the assigned projects.
- Attend project related meeting as required and outlined in this document.
- Carry out Design Reviews as required throughout the design stages.
- Provide support to the Senior Design Manager as necessary.
- Participate in special committees (e.g. tender evaluation, construction handover, etc...).
- Work as part of team, delivering own tasks in line with deadlines and standards and supporting others to achieve their goals
- Provide input and assist technical functions.
- Coordinate with architects and building services engineers, and other structural engineers.
- Remain informed with issues affecting other related disciplines.
- Communicate design issues clearly and effectively.
- Carry out design checks on the work of other engineers and report upwards.
- Report upwards on any changes made during construction.
- Comply with the established EHSMS procedures of which they have been informed, instructed and trained.
- Actively participate along with the management towards implementation of EHSMS requirements.
- Report to the respective manager or supervisor about any potentially unsafe act or condition, which may cause EHS impacts.
- Report all EHS incidents to the respective line manager.
Experience and qualifications required
Knowledge and Experience (Please refer to guidance for knowledge and experience required by grade)
- Technical/ professional I post graduate qualification in structural engineering with over 2 years relevant experience or graduate with 0 years (UAE Nationals) or 2-4 years (Expats) experience working in a relevant discipline (structural engineering);
- Technical/ professional I post graduate qualification
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.