Skills: Business Development, HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Singapore
EnscoRowan is currently growing in Asia and seeking to employ a talented and motivated HR Business Partner with past experience in the Oil and Energy sector. The HR Business Partner will solely manage the full spectrum of HR activities in Singapore on a stand-alone mode.
He/she will be the single point of contact for the employees and managers in the country. The scope will include Recruiting, Staffing, Training, Talent Management, Onboarding, Exit Process, Payroll, Employee Relations, Compliance, Immigration, and Compensation & Benefits. The position will report directly to the HR Manager.
Due to local nationalization plan, this position is only opened to citizens of Singapore.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in an HR function in the Oil and Energy sector
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Process oriented, detailed, and analytical
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle a large volume of work
- High initiative, self-motivated and collaborative
- Thorough understanding of local and international labor laws
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Possess a good working knowledge of computerized HRIS systems (PeopleSoft HRMS/HCM Cloud) and PC skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Self-starter with demonstrated maturity, possess initiative and excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and staffing for the drilling rigs in Asia with local national, regional and international expatriate personnel at all levels of the rig organization
- Managing pre-employment activities such as physical examinations, labor contracts and onboarding prior to deployment to the drilling unit
- Providing HR advice and assistance to Rig Managers and Supervisors on all issues relating to HR management procedures, including the interpretation and administration of established HR policies and processes
- Ensuring the Company's compliance with all local/state/federal employment laws
- Monitoring the progress of district operations regarding compliance with the business unit's approved Training Matrix
- Providing direct support in facilitating immigration-related issues, including the issuance of appropriate visas for expatriate personnel
- Providing direct support in coordinating crew changes for assigned drilling units
- Ensuring compliance with nationalization targets
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Highly motivated, result-oriented and willing to take up challenges in a project-based environment
- Versatile team player with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous, proactive and good organization skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Commitment to EnscoRowan's high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, safety policies standards and procedures
- Knowledge of local labor laws and regulations
- General knowledge of offshore drilling rig operations and a good understanding of the various roles
- Display high work ethics and integrity at all times
- Work effectively alone and as part of a team on projects
- Travel on short notice to regions and offshore drilling rigs
EnscoRowan is constantly looking for new talent. Are you looking for your next opportunity? If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter
We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EnscoRowan is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.