Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Document Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, is currently seeking a Document Control Specialist in Chatham, ON for a contract position.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive Document Controls Program using Project Wise as the database for all documents to be retained. Provide program management support and interface with employees at various levels of the organization.
• Responsible for managing, storing, organizing and tracking project related documents for major expansion projects.
• Collect and maintain files of the latest revision level.
• Ensure adherence to record retention policies and document lifecycle procedures
• Ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner, and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
• Receive and process various documents such as Requests for Information (RFI's), ECN's (Engineering Change Notices), and track the requests
• Process outgoing documents/responses and maintain a tracking system
• Responsible for training employees on the Document Controls Program process and procedures
• Assist with file migrations and audits as needed.
• Perform administrative tasks as needed.
• Previous experience (5 years minimum) working in construction industry, with direct involvement in document controls
• Post-secondary education in related technical discipline
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication methods to build interpersonal relationships with internal and external business partners.
• Able to write technical process and procedure documents.
• Able to work with other employees to develop and continuously improve the document controls program.
• Excellent analytical skills to assess business problems and help organization management to move toward a desired future state.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills including the ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
NICE TO HAVES:
• Previous experience with ProjectWise would be considered a strong asset
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.