Our asset centric approach makes us trusted business partners who demonstrate care and respect and our team of diverse technical experts are catalysts for change management. Successful candidates should therefore be engaged, externally focused, curious, edgy, learners, leveraging diversity, enablers, nimble, commercially minded and empowered.
A candidate is sought, with a clear vision on establishment and development of the leadership attributes: authenticity, growth, collaboration and performance, competency in the following areas is required:
Work Locations include:
- Strategic Partnering
- Authenticity: Display 'real self' and willing to speak even difficult truths
- Collaboration: Role-model and coach others to hold a partnership mindset
- Growth: Balance analysis with risk taking to capitalize on opportunities: bias for action; and learning by doing.
- Performance: Focus effort on activities that deliver commercial results
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Proven leadership skills, communications, customer focus, HSSE, C&P, change management
- Proven and Significant Production and/or Maintenance Engineering, Turnarounds or Reliability experience
- Experience in End to End Process Management
- Experience in implementing work processes within assets
- Continuous Improvement.
- Proven experience in an influencing role
- Experience managing a virtual team with minimal face to face time
- Ability to build credibility with assets
- Leadership Attributes form the basis for the following criteria that we will be looking at during the selection process for leadership positions:
-) Teamwork: motivating, coaching and developing team members; actively using different competencies in the team to achieve results; communicating openly and respectfully; giving and asking for feedback.
-) Delivering results: setting challenging targets, organising work effectively, overcoming obstacles, aligning own work with customer/stakeholder needs, supporting others to achieve and implement sustainable solutions, focusing on continuous improvement and waste elimination.
-) Accountability: ability to take decisions, clearly communicating own accountability, stimulating desired behaviour and intervening where needed, complying with rules and procedures, identifying and driving improvement initiatives.
The Hague, Netherlands
Houston, Texas, United States
London, United KingdomCompany Description
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Requirements
In Production Support and Excellence, our aspiration is for excellence in supporting Upstream (UP) and Integrated Gas (IG) to safely deliver improved business performance. We do this while working closely with our Downstream Counterparts.
The Excellence Lead, MRTA
plays a critical role and is expected to build intimate, constructive long-term relationships with Assets (operated and non-operated in their portfolio). They will be the key interface to coordinate central support activities from the Centre to the Assets. The Excellence Lead may have a small team of direct reports.
The Excellence Lead
is responsible for:
- Utilizing various inputs, including performance benchmarking data, asset input and own expertise, develops an understanding of asset performance, gaps and gap closure actions including priority. With this understanding, the lead works with the asset to agree upon course of action to close performance gaps.
- Ensuring performance benchmark data (internal benchmarking) is shared with the Asset/Ventures and used to prioritize asset improvement programs
- Supporting the Gap to Potential and Operational Planning process and coordination of improvement initiatives/programs
- Providing coaching support for local Managers, Site Process Owner (SPO) and Site Process Focal Points (SPFP) and key players supporting the relevant work processes (Sustain)
- Assisting the Assets with implementation of work processes and related Standards, Manuals, and Recommended Practices through deployment of both processes as well as technical and discipline support from the center. (Support)
- Support the community of practitioners within the region across upstream and IG in the collaboration, converging and sharing of Recommended Practices and the fast replication of improvements and technologies across Royal Dutch Shell assets base with the use of our Knowledge Management Systems like SIGN (assist)
- Partnering with the Asset, Asset Support Managers & Business Improvement Leads to drive performance improvement. Impacting outcomes through influence and standards rather than direct line accountability.
- Skill pool development of the community within their regions. This to include collaboration with MRTA Global Discipline Head in this area and will include active participation in delivery of training and development.
- Acting on behalf of the discipline overlooking the Maintain Facilities IT Portfolio. With support of the direct reports it is essential to liaise with Assets to understand and confirm future IT requirements, accountable for signing of the Product Requirements for development and validate the delivery of agreed requirements in future solutions/enhancements. Any improvements and changes must be presented and endorsed by the Process Council.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.