Skills: Subsea Engineering, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Perform and/or supervise the correct execution of Riser and Mooring design and installation analysis
- Learn/improve the knowledge and the use of the available software for riser design and installation analysis Learn/improve the capabilities in design and analysis
- The Engineer executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Ensure an adequate stand ard of technical documentation and contribute to update Saipem standards
- Control subcontracted discipline engineering documents
- Review the Client technical documents during the bid phase
- Prepare the design basis/CTR x riser design and interface with the relative process and structures
- Prepare the technical specifications and data sheets for material purchasing and ancillary structures
- Prepare evaluation notes relevant to technical proposals received by suppliers
- Prepare evaluation reports relevant to tests performed by suppliers both during qualification or construction phases
- Assist the riser engineering leader or the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting the Saipem procurement department
- Ensure the implementation of the project design changes. Give to the riser engineering leader the information relevant to the work progress for the preparation of the project control reports
- Optimise the layout configuration of the riser system
- Assist with the selection of laying, installation of ancillary structures and spread/methods
- Perform/verify all discipline analyses and calculation notes required to design the riser system
- Verify and act upon the remarks of the Client/Certifying Body
- Check the engineering activities of third parties/sub-contractors
- Define standards and procedures for the relative engineering area and contribute to software evaluations Partecipate at the suppliers qualification pro cess
- Cooperate with the umbillical engineering leader to support the procurement and fabrication activities
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.