Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The successful candidate will have extensive senior management experience, gained within the oil and gas industry or similar relevant field, and will operate within a cross-functional matrix management structure. Areas of expertise should include responsibility for leading strategic development and growth, defining and delivering business plans, P&L and budgetary ownership. Also, managing teams with a diverse range of expertise to successfully deliver commercial targets and operational activities.
- As a highly credible management representative with strong client relationship skills, you will maintain excellent relationships with current and prospective clients to identify and devise solutions which provide clients with the most efficient, cost effective services aligned to their current and future requirements.
- As an energised and influential leader, you will manage and develop a team of technical experts driven to achieve and exceed business goals, ensuring operational and commercial execution where contracts maximise their potential for growth.
- You will be required to attend and present at meetings and performance reviews and provide input to commercial tendering opportunities, working closely with internal departments and the senior leadership team.
- Reporting to the Managing Director UK, the role is based in Aberdeen but will require both UK and international travel. A full UK Driving Licence is essential.
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
- Highly driven to achieve business success instilling the same in others.
- Commercially astute, resilient and adaptable to changing market conditions and client demands.
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills with the ability to network and influence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with established experience managing and developing teams.
- Works effectively on multiple activities, setting priority levels and service delivery standards.
- Adapts to short timescales and changing deadlines ensuring high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- Solutions based with strong planning, organisational and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft suite, accustomed to measuring, reporting and presenting information.
Minimum Qualifications Desirable Qualifications/Competencies
- Degree in relevant subject or equivalent relevant experience. Sales/Marketing within a senior role.