NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an oil and gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Junior Pipeline Integrity Engineer
on a 12 month contract
in Edmonton, AB.
- Perform reliability analysis for assets using existing tools (ERA, Python, MatLab, @Risk). This includes hands-on application of existing reliability models (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, Bayesian Network, Fault Tree, Decision Tree) for integrity and non-integrity threats.
- Perform more detailed investigations for lines/segments/features do not meet integrity reliability targets following existing processes.
- Address stakeholders' requests including problem definition, data collection, application of standard assessment techniques, and communication of results. Support more senior team members for complex requests that exceed standard processes.
- Participate in the documentation and effective communication of methodology, results, limitations, etc. to internal and external stakeholders for standard assessments.
- Provide guidance to more junior staff members or external consultants to support project tasks.
- Support continuous improvement of different assessment tools and techniques through:
- Researching relevant literature;
- Collecting relevant data for feasibility analysis and system-wide analysis; propose improvement ideas for better data accuracy and data quality;
- Assisting with the automation and improvement of existing models.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support the generation of industry publications and technical reports.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from APEGA (or equivalent)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in civil/mechanical/industrial engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized university or college.
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced data analytics;
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs;
- Reliability analysis including statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.; and/or
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Some knowledge of statistical tools (such as @RISK or MATLAB) and large databases (e.g PowerPivot or Power Query, Power PI).
- Critical thinking skills related both to technical engineering/reliability analysis and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers and stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver self-directed tasks and stakeholder requests.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver thorough technical analysis and recommendations.
- Strong safety and integrity values.
- Relevant experience with risk assessment, reliability, or statistical/probabilistic analysis.
- Experience with pipeline integrity reliability software (such as PIRAMID or ReliaSoft).
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Baseline understanding of scripting languages (such as Python, VBA, C#).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.