Other Skills: JU2000,Senior Mechanic,Jack-up
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanic
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Supervisor / OIM-DSL
RIG TYPE: Jack-up
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems, organizing and supervising the mechanical personnel onboard and assist the Mechanical Supervisor with his/her daily duties where applicable.
- Compliance with the Client Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
- Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties
- That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
- Compliance with Client training, certification and competence requirements.
- That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
- That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
- Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
- Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
- Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
- All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
- All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
- That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
- Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
- Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
- Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
- That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required is maintained.
- As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
Fast Rescue boat