Skills: Structural Engineering, Drafting
Education: Some College
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Undertake engineering duties associated with design, certification and safe commissioning both on and offshore. Exercise technical authority, autonomy and professional acumen in all activities. Supervise the time of others in the team to achieve these duties.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, PD&MS QHSE Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Direction and supervision of Engineers and Designers.
- Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project / job. Estimation of deliverables.
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Immediate identification to Lead Engineer of any issue that has the potential to cause change or growth to any area of the project or study, in comparison to the original design intent / deliverables required.
- Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule and budget. Reporting progress as per PD&MS systems and procedures.
- Production and checking of documents and engineering design deliverables created by own discipline.
- Review of documents circulated by other disciplines for IDC or comment.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- Communication with other disciplines on design and engineering issues.
- Checking of requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services.
- Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer, e.g. kick-off meeting, progress meeting.
- Attendance at Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments etc.
- Representation of PD&MS with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner.
- Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client and PD&MS Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis.
- Ensure all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues of new technology.
- Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Performance of discipline engineering tasks and co-ordination of other discipline engineering tasks and activities, in accordance with Company QA, HS & E policies.
- Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practices, following the objectives of the Office and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans.
- Encouragement of attention to safety.
- Adherence to the company integrated management system.
- Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies.
- Demonstrate and promote PD&MS QHSE principles and lead by example.
- Ensure unsafe activities are challenged.
- Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties, in particular, risk assessment and control, reliability and failure prevention necessary to ensure the safe design of equipment and systems.
- Demonstrate and promote PD&MS values and lead by example.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers and values.
- Assurance of competence of engineering personnel under Senior Engineer control. Identification of personnel shortfalls and submission of proposal to Department Head / Country Manager for solutions such as training, coaching or other measures.
- Assist with training and development of Graduate Engineers and assistance to Design Team Leader for training and development of Trainee Designers.
- Ensure all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issue of new technology.