Skills: Document Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
KCA Deutag are currently looking for a Document Controller on a part-time basis located in Aberdeen.
The Document Controller is responsible for ensuring that managed documents are generated, modified and controlled in accordance with KCA Deutag World Wide Standards whilst also ensuring that user-friendly information and knowledge management systems are developed, implemented and maintained as part of assisting in Asset Integrity Management group strategy.
- Responsible for the update and controlled dissemination of Management System documents
- Implement and maintain effective electronic and paper based systems for the storage, archiving, retrieval, controlled distribution and disposal of all Offshore Group technical and administrative documentation and records
- Maintain an awareness of Document Control best practice and monitor the effectiveness of Offshore Group processes against industry standards, identify improvement solutions wherever appropriate and generate comprehensive business proposals for approval to implement
- Responsible for providing Management System support which includes the generation and maintenance of project sites and their associated libraries to ensure accessibility for all parties at all times
- Cascade new processes throughout the Offshore group and ensure their incorporation into regular operational workflows, conducting training wherever necessary
- Assist in the development and effective control of work pack documentation and internal/external transmittals relating to Offshore Group projects
- Liaise with the Facilities department to arrange archival and retrieval services when required
- Co-ordinate, prepare and distribute material for regular Asset Integrity Team meetings, recording minutes and subsequent actions, tracked to completion
- Participate in Risk Reviews, Post Activity Reviews and other studies to record subsequent actions and monitoring of their progression through to completion
- When necessary, assist the commercial group in the preparation of tender submissions
- Ensure the timely delivery of electronic generated documents and databases through the competent use of various software packages
- Contribute to the continual development and improvement of AIM framework including; standards, procedures, work Instructions and standard processes where practical.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the AIM function, promoting good communication and service across the offshore business
Key Skills & Experience
- College diploma level
- Proven experience in Document Control with an Oilfield Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company
- Experience developing databases and access sites within Sharepoint
- Experience managing document update workflows
Job Specific Skills:
- Must be fluent in Microsoft office software including Sharepoint
- Experience with Power BI would be advantageous
- Must be highly organised, proactive and a good communicator who
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.