Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the effective development, co-ordination and control of operational maintenance projects governed through the Asset Integrity Management group through the application of KCA Deutag's WWS for Project Management. The role assists the Projects Manager by being responsible for developing detailed schedules, tracking progress and reporting performance for management review. In addition, the Project & Planning Engineer leads the Asset Condition Assessment Reporting process to ensure compliance across the offshore group.
- Assist the Projects Manager with the project kick-off process, the development of scope of work strategy and corresponding Gate Management Plans.
- Assist the Projects Manager with the development of project control documents required as part of the Gate Management Plan.
- Responsible for effective project information management, develop and maintain shared access project websites and ensure secure and effective document control processes are followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure project certification package requirements are established at project kick-off and monitor their progress for delivery to client at project completion
- Work with the rig maintenance division to develop detailed, resourced project schedules with efficiently sequenced work flows which provide clear mechanisms for reporting progress.
- Work with client planning representatives to ensure both schedules are integrated with platform shutdowns
- Develop POB plans to accompany detailed project schedules
- Continue to update project schedules and analyse project performance through S-curve generation for progress reporting to stakeholder management review, elevate areas of risk and assist in determination of critical path workflows.
- Act as Risk Focal Point across projects, develop risk management plans and compile risk registers tracking actions to completion through the project lifecycle.
- Perform oversight management of project work pack creation and report upon progress of development.
- Assist and support the cost control and reporting process
- Assist the Supply Chain function in order to ensure that proper specifications and certification are applied in the procurement element of work scopes.
- Visit contractor facilities to monitor progress and provide updates to project stakeholders.
- Assist with the project close-out process by preparation and execution of Post Activity Reviews, capture and storage of lessons learnt
- Deputise for the Projects Manager when required
- Lead the Asset Condition Assessment Reporting process to ensure ongoing compliance across the Offshore group and accessibility of current and historical reports
- Contribute to the continual development and improvement of AIM framework including; standards, procedures, work Instructions and standard processes where practical.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the AIM function, promoting good communication and service across the offshore business.
- Maintain awareness of project management best practice and reporting techniques and utilise knowledge to continually develop KCAD processes.
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline or Project Management
- Proven experience in a project orientated role supporting upgrades and modifications within an Oilfield Operator, Engineering Contractor, Drilling Contractor or Service Company
- Experience in preparing project schedules and guiding development in line with Gate Management plans
- Experience working with subcontractors (engineering/vendors), developing projects and managing information
- Good working knowledge of project management principles
Job Specific Skills:
- Must be fluent in Microsoft office software including Microsoft Project
- Competence in Microsoft Power BI would be advantageous
- Must be well organised, proactive and a good communicator who can comfortably interface with other functions at various levels to achieve objectives
- Basic level understanding of oilfield drilling practise
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.