Tampa, Florida, United States
Tampa, Florida, United States
Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) Technician
LOCAL INSPECTOR REQUIRED:
The inspector is responsible for Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) on behalf of Bureau Veritas's client. The clients for these assignments are typically state Departments of Transportation or construction contractors.
• Communication with the Project Manager, fabrication shops, contractors, and other third parties to resolve schedule issues
• Ability to travel
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as codes, standards, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Knowledge of NDE/NDT, AWS, ASME, and metallurgical testing and inspection methods, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Ability to work outdoors for extended periods.
• Generate and process timesheets, billing reports, and inspection reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically transmitted to the Project Manager;
• Maintain a positive relationship between Bureau Veritas, the fabrication facility, and the client
• Ability to work remotely from the established Bureau Veritas offices;
• Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and fulfilling the needs of the client;
• Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications;
• Excellent communication and documentation skills, with ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager, clients, and the fabrication facility.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) requireD
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes preferred.
• Proficient use of modern communication and computer equipment including cell phones, laptop computers and digital cameras
• Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work
• Team player willing to work with clients, field staff, other Bureau Veritas offices, and the world wide Bureau Veritas organization
• MUST have a background in handling Structural Steel / Bridge Fabrication inspections (D1.5) and Fracture Critical
• MUST have PAUT Lv II certification
• A valid driver's license is REQUIRED
• Prefer active CWI certification but will entertain a candidate willing to take the exam.
• Prefer Level II certification in MT, PT and RT
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) equipment
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) - Level II Certification
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.