Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester ( M22 5PR)
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000 plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready to kick-start your career in Finance? Bureau Veritas are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our busy Finance Team.
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
This is a great opportunity to hone your skills, combining supported study with practical learning in a fast-paced environment that is anything but mundane.
PLAY YOUR PART
The role of the Accounts Payable Assistant is to support the AP function in the Finance Team preparing/ analysing and recording payment runs for suppliers.
- File Approx. 400 expense claims per month
- Processing supplier BACS on a fortnightly basis
- Processing employee BACS on a fortnightly basis
- All proposed payments to be supported by analytical review/supporting documentation and to be filed to maintain audit trail.
- Processing cheque runs weekly
- Post all supplier payments and miscellaneous payments and receipts to the GL
- Post all DD and SO and prepare monthly forecast to Treasury team
- Post and reimburse Petty Cash
- Post all payment related Journals
- Anaylse Client entertaining costs to ensure VAT compliance - monthly
- Provide absence cover for AP colleagues as needed
- Support and engage with all AP procedures and projects
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- 5 GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (including maths and English)
- Previous transaction processing experience
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal Skills
- Experience of working with multi company ledgers and multi currencies
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Detailed understanding of processes and workflow
- Experience of using Excel
- Basic VAT knowledge
WORK FOR A TRUE GLOBAL LEADER
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only
Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.