Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Subsea Engineer, Manifolds and Connection Systems Discipline Engineer
Work Location The role is based in London or Aberdeen
Role Synopsis (NTID & Candidate details for facilitated moves) Global Subsea Systems is responsible for the specification, design, delivery, and maintenance of Subsea Production Systems (SPS). This includes components from the wellhead through to flow line entry as well as miscellaneous topsides elements. acts as single face to the subsea hardware suppliers for equipment design procurement, storage, maintenance, and onshore repair.
The Subsea Engineer for Manifold and Connection Systems discipline engineering will lead engineering execution of manifolds and connection systems scope across projects in the Eastern Hemisphere, as well as support the development of engineering standards related to equipment.
* Provide support to project teams as needed in the development of system requirements, such as Subsea Basis of Design, P&IDs, field layouts, system schematics, etc.;
* Develop/review project scopes of work, functional requirements, SDRLs, hardware equipment lists, design verification plans, etc. in support of hardware RFQs;
* Provide input to suppler technical bid evaluations;
* Provide regular status reports to lead engineer for manifold and connection systems;
* Perform design verification activities (e.g. equipment design reviews, drawing & analysis reviews and test & installation procedure reviews);
* Review technology readiness assessments and qualification plans, procedures and reports against API 6A/17D requirements for subsea connection systems;
* Develop, review, endorse engineering decision papers;
* Review and endorse supplier deviation requests, change requests, technical queries, and interface requests;
* Liaise with SMEs to provide technical support to project teams, delivery teams and suppliers for resolution of engineering issues.
* Develop and collate lessons learned for manifold and connection system equipment and disseminate across projects;
* Contribute constructability perspectives in equipment design and constructability reviews, fabrication readiness reviews.
* Perform fabrication site visits for pre-production meetings, testing support and HSSE influence;
* Support planning of aftermarket activities, including development of scopes of work, development of SIT procedures, etc;
* Provide support and input to Subsea Construction Team as required for development of installation and commissioning plans/procedures, rigging design and analysis, and execution of offshore activities and troubleshooting;
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
Must hold a Bachelor's in Engineering Degree
* 6+ years of oilfield experience, including major plant or process piping construction;
* Technical expertise with manifolds, foundations, jumpers/ spools, connectors and valves;
* Knowledge of subsea hardware suppliers' engineering and manufacturing processes and constraints and knowledge of standard equipment offerings from suppliers;
* Experienced in application of industry standards and codes related to subsea hardware and systems including API 6A & 17D, ASME BPVC, ASME B31.8, API RP-17P, API RP-17R, API RP-2A, and API RP-2GEO as well as ISO, DNV and NORSOK equivalent specifications;
* Experience in performing or reviewing piping and structural analyses for manifolds, foundations and/or jumpers;
* Experience with factory acceptance testing requirements for subsea equipment;
* Knowledge of structural and piping fabrication and NDE;
* Knowledge of common subsea hardware materials of construction;
* Professional Accreditation (PE or Chartership).
* Knowledge of installation methodologies and installation interfaces with manifold and connection system equipment;
* Knowledge of major valve suppliers and their standard equipment offerings;
* Knowledge of production control equipment and its interfaces with manifold and connection system equipment;
* Broad experience with major projects through full project life cycle;
* Knowledge of processes for change management, risk management, deviation requests, and reliability planning and management.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.