Committed making available all combined resources, expertise and experience to ensure that the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of the project is successfully completed. Lead and direct the effective and efficient management of project focusing on that correct Procedures, the Best Practices, to ensure suitability and cost effective solutions. Assure that all applicable local, national, and international general, engineering, technical, safety, and environmental standards are implemented to project. Guide project team managers and engineers in their personal development to the high competency.Heavy experience in Methanol/Petrochemicals on the Owner side is required Key Accountabilities:
- Assure that Safety is always the first and the most important aspect of the Project. · Assure that Project Management team implements the highest Safety standards to all aspects of the Project through HSE progressive updates implementing safety components and comments from all stages of the project.
- Assure that Construction Management implements the highest Safety standards into the Site specific program to create a safe workplace - all accidents are avoidable.
- Guide an improvement of the Project Management team managers and engineers in order to provide world class project management to E&PM customers within and outside of the organization.
- Ensure that a plan is developed which addresses the challenges and issues of the project. · Assure that risk identification and measurement of project risk is an integral part of the project execution planning effort.
Project Value Improvement Practices:
- Ensure that Constructability reviews are performed to integrate design and construction considerations assuring a technically complete and constructible design. Assure complete participation and alignment of all project participants involved.
- Ensure that Project Management team implements all aspects of the value improvement process results from technical and value assurance review such as TQM, VAR, Risk Management, and Value Engineering.
- Ensure assignment of highly experienced team of professionals with directly applicable tools and experience in optimizing, engineering, designing, procuring materials and equipment, constructing, and commissioning of the same or similar plants.
- Ensure that Project Execution plan is developed addressing proactive control of project scope, quality, cost and schedule, report on progress, identify deviations, forecast trends, take corrective actions when necessary, promote communications, and coordinate the activities of all participants on the project.
- Establish project planning to support the project goals.
- Manage the formal and systematic development of scope, schedule, responsibility, quality and cost on task-by-task basis to allocate responsibility and focus on project goals.
- Organize a review if use of existing equipment specifications, design criteria, P&ID's, and other work product previously developed for similar plans of this size can be quickly adapted to provide an early advantage in meeting the project's technical, cost and schedule goals.
- Establish and maintain open and continuous lines of communication between project management, owner, contractors, and other project participants.
- Involve project management, owner, contractors, and other project personnel in both planning and decision making. Provide continuous involvement of the key management personnel to provide the oversight, commitment, experience and attention to the project.
- Evaluate and monitor performance of the project: a) Benchmark project performance against project objectives b) Share results and lessons learned
- Assure compliance with all technical procedures & standards as applicable to the contract.
- Ensure implementing of Change management, which is an effective establishment of protocols, records, analysis, approval/rejection, implementation, and control of changes.
- Ensure implementation of staff competency development plans.
- Ensures the effective achievement of functional objectives through the leadership of the Project organization, setting project and individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and project performance
- Be responsible for the project's talent management including attraction and retention, in cooperation with Corporate Human Resources.
- Provide coaching/consulting function to various staff during the Project execution as needed to develop skills.
Job Specific Skills:
- University degree in Engineering, desirable if the incumbent has post graduation in Engineering, Construction Management or related fields.
- 20 years of experience in the petrochemicals or in an industrial environment
- 10 years of project management experience
- 5 years of experience in any general management position in petrochemicals or industrial organization/project.
- Deep knowledge of various kinds of project disciplines and expertise in project management.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable with policies, procedures and best practices in the areas of E&PM
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills
- Sound planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong in Project Management Skill and has ability to manage complex project environment
- Have knowledge about various standards
- Ability to translate technical and Project management skill into business profit
- Have project control and quality background
- Able to administer contracts
- Interpersonal skill
- Lead multiple teams
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.