Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Description/ Responsibilities
- Plan and implement the Project Quality Management System (PQMS) activities within assigned Offshore Projects.
- Plan and ensure the Project Quality Control (QC) activities implementation.
- Report to the Company Quality Manager Information and data about assigned Projects in line with Corporate/ Division Guidelines.
- Act as focal point for quality related matters within assigned offshore projects and in liason with external entities.
- Ensure the definition and implementation of the PQMS and the identification, preparation and distribution of needed Project Quality Plans and Quality procedures in accordance with the Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure that the integrity of the Project QMS is maintained when changes are made to the Company QMS.
- Ensure that the correct implementation of the Project QMS is maintained when changes are made to the Company QMS.
- Ensure that the correct implementation of planned Quality Audits, taking in account all project processes.
- Ensure within the project organization, the planning of activities aimed at promoting the applicable Contractual Quality Requirements.
- Conduct external audits to Vendors and Subcontractors QMS.
- Plan and allocate Quality resources to the various area of the project, managing them in liaison with involved Quality Functions.
- Support the Project Manager (and PMT) in relations with the Client and with the Authorities responsible for quality matters.
- Participates to Project Management meetings, to ensure coordination between Quality activities and Project Management Activities.
- Ensure the preparation and issue of QC specifications for the works, coordinating and agreeing the checks by the Technical Departments and Client.
- Ensure the issue of quality requirements to be incorporated, in the contractual documents, with Vendors and Subcontractors and organizations in charge of the works.
- Ensure the Site QC activities implementation, including the monitoring of QC management tool updating.
- Ensure management of nonconformities.
- Promote appropriate actions in order to prevent or eliminate potential non-conformities and their causes.
- Ensure the management of Cost of Non Quality process.
- Ensure knowledge and awareness of Quality requirements within the Project Team, also performing Quality Training Activities.
- Collect and analyze project quality data also in order to organize and lead the Project Quality Management Review.
- Ensure the management of Lessons Learned process.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction process implementation.
- Ensure Project Self Verification process implementation.
- Report Project Information and data to Company's Quality Manager by means of Corporate/Division methodologies and tools and keep the Project Quality Reporting tools updated.
- Monitor the Project Documentation Management and Document Control activities.
- Ensure that contract reviews and project close out reports are adequately performed.
- Support all Project Risk assessments (HAZOPs/HAZIDs)
- Support the review of contractual issues relating to Quality to the Proposal Manager during the tender phase and the Project Manager during the project's execution phase.
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years of Project Quality Offshore experience as a Project Quality manager
- 7-10 (plus) years of quality experience with a demonstrable track record in the Offshore Quality Management
- Must have knowledge of quality, engineering, and oil and gas terminology.
- Must be fluently proficient in English, Spanish is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Standard to approach correctly all Quality Matters.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public forums.
- Must be computer literate. Must be able to independently use personal computing applications, e.g. MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must having working knowledge of Welding, NDE, Coating, NACE.
- Must have legal authorization to travel/work in all assigned counties- both North and South America, Europe, and European Union counties.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Management of Change process.
- Must have flexibility in working hours to achieve assigned responsibilities.
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.