Spring, Texas, United States
Spring, Texas, United States
Skills: Inventory Control, Logistics Management, Mechanic
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Director of Fleet Operations, Field Maintenance and Logistics, will provide front line leadership highly focused on the oversight of field fleet support services, including but not limited to fleet maintenance management as well as logistical planning/execution (mobilization & demobilization) and fleet vendor management for the Strike Group of Companies in North America. The Strike Group of Companies fleet includes a diverse inventory of on-road vehicles, trailers and off-road construction equipment. This position will provide technical expertise including but not limited to vehicle/machine specification, up fitting, drive adherence to best in class maintenance practices (both for internal shops/garages & third-party vendors) as well as the oversight of multiple regional fleet managers and other related personnel. The position ensures proper field fleet staffing levels, conducts training, participates in strategic fleet planning, drives asset utilization, and maximize asset remarketing proceeds. The position also works alongside stakeholders to provide optimal asset lifecycle costs and best fit for the enterprise's business requirements. Due to the nature of the role, heavy travel is required (approx. 75%).
Primary Job Function:
• Field Fleet Management: Manage and direct best in class fleet management practices of the Strike fleet through the effective staffing, training and management of fleet personnel and third party providers to optimize safety, spend reduction and increased performance
• Vehicle Specifications: Lead specification development and refinement with all lines of Strike businesses. Collaborate with procurement staff, OEMs and up fitters on asset specifications.
• Analysis and Reporting: Evaluate existing fleet management activities, protocols, and procedures. Utilize information, data and formal analysis to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities. Prioritize needed changes and make recommendations that consider available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Financial, Data and Performance Management: Provide for the most economical, safe, and environmentally sensitive use of fleet resources. Actively manage key performance metrics to proactively measure and report on critical areas, including fleet policy compliance; cost, utilization and sustainability.
• Customer and Stakeholder Management: Maintain collaborative and productive relationships with Strike's business units and divisions, suppliers, all levels of management, and other stakeholders.
• Employee Relations and Team Development: Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to build a supportive and cohesive work environment. Take action to ensure competent fleet staff is in the field and maintain an environment of inclusion. Conduct regular performance reviews and properly ensure that the staffing needs of the field based fleet group are met.
• Policy Communication and Oversight: Regularly review fleet management program policies, procedures and oversight mechanisms. Clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helps them understand and retain the message and permits response and feedback.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
• 10+ years' progressive fleet management experience, including 5 years of asset acquisition, asset management and specifications.
• Thorough knowledge of fleet management legislation and best practices
• Proven operational and technical expertise in aspects of asset management
• Strong analysis, strategic visioning, customer service, change management, and leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Proficient PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and data base management.
• CEM designation is highly preferred.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer