Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
Perform the Maintenance and repair of equipment with due regard to company policies and procedures. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Ensure that all work is performed to conform to company operating and maintenance standards and in accordance with all current legislation.
- To carry out repair, maintenance and installation of Company owned equipment, both onshore and offshore
- To update equipment maintenance systems to record details of all repairs and maintenance of company owned equipment
- To assist with preparation and mobilization of ROV systems.
- Provide technical support to offshore systems, participate in on call technical support rota to provide out of hours technical support
- Participate in the company competence scheme to allow progression through company career framework.
- Where necessary travel overseas and to offshore locations to provide onsite technical support
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Participate and lead daily toolbox talks for workshop team
- Participate in observation system and conduct STOP audits on a regular basis
- Participate in safety training courses and initiatives
- Ensure that all tasks are performed using correct procedures, JSEA and risk assessments are to be completed for each task
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.Teamwork
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness Ethics
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.Quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.Quantity
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quicklySafety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.Adaptability
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.Attendance/Punctuality
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time Qualifications
Served a recognized apprenticeship in mechanical, electrical or electronic discipline
City Guilds, SVQ level 3 or HNC /HND in Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Working knowledge of ROV equipment, knowledge of current offshore legislation requirements
Specialist in Electrical, Hydraulic or mechanical engineeringWorking Conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be working indoors or outdoors during the day and occasionally at night. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site may include indoor and outdoor climate with various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment etc. This may include an offshore environment where vessel movements may have an effect. The employee will be required to wear PPE at all times.Physical Activity/Requirements
The employee is required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges.
This position is considered Medium
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands