Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This posting is intended to collect candidate information for Halliburton's talent pool, and is not considered an application. By completing the candidate profile, recruiters will have visibility to your information in order to contact you for a future related job opportunity. In addition to providing your information on this posting, we encourage you to create a Job Alert within our career site. The Job Alert allows you to select search criteria for positions that match your interest(s). Once positions are posted that match your search criteria, you will receive an email notification.
Job Role Summary
Overall responsibility for operations, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and inspection of the Medium Voltage (MV) and Low Voltage (LV) AC power generation, components and grounding system of the electrified fracturing spread. Perform lockout/tagout procedures. Oversee and verify proper execution of rig up/down procedures. Certify ready to run status to site supervision and suspend site operation if safe operation cannot be assured. Monitor for safety hazards. Promote safety awareness and comply with all safety and HSE policies, procedures and regulations. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact directly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Fundamental skills are typically acquired through completion of accredited OSHA or NETA certification training. Job specific skills are acquired through targeted vendor and equipment OEM training. Prefer at least 5 years of experience in heavy industrial environment. State electrician licensure or certification desired.
- Authorized LOTO User
- OSHA 30 Hour General Industry safety training or equivalent (awareness level)
- Provides technical support to and mentors subordinates
- Functionally supervises a limited number of assigned personnel
- Interpret schematics and wiring diagrams
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Specific hazard training
- Low voltage and medium voltage AC definitions
- Arch flash phenomena
- Uses proper precautionary techniques
- Identifies low and medium voltage safety hazards
- Distinguishes exposed live parts of electrical equipment.
- Determines the voltage of exposed live parts.
- Safe operation of switchgear and circuit breakers
- Specific LOTO procedures
- Proper selection and use of PPE
- Insulation and shielding materials
- System grounding and fault currents
- Operates relevant testing equipment (Megger, Fluke 1630 ground tester, or equivalent)
- Operates electric fracturing equipment
- Manages routine and preventative maintenance of electric fracturing equipment
- Troubleshoots electric fracturing equipment
- Determines level of necessary repair and performs repair or obtains third-party repair
- Performs or oversees electrical rig up and rig down tasks
- Performs or oversees and verifies proper site and equipment grounding
- Provides verification of power system ready-for-service status
- Provides accurate guidance to the site supervision in the event of a safety hazard or improper system function
OSHA 30-hour General Industry training reference syllabus
Module 1A: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
Module 1B: Basic Safety Orientation
Module 2: Walking & Working Surfaces
Module 3: Emergency Action Plan
Module 4: Hazardous Materials
Module 5: Hazwoper
Module 6: Personal Protective Equipment
Module 7: Confined Spaces & Permit Required Confined Spaces
Module 8: Lockout/Tagout
Module 9: Materials Handling & Storage
Module 10: Machine Guarding Safety
Module 11: Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
Module 12: Electrical Safety
Module 13: Hazard Communication
Module 14: Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
Module 15: Bloodborne Pathogens
Module 16: Record Keeping & Reporting
Module 17: Workplace Violence
Module 18: Safety and Health Programs
Module 19: Ergonomics
Module 20: Hazards of Asbestos in the Workplace
Module 21: Lead Safety in the Workplace
Module 22: Ionizing and Non-Ionizing Radiation Safety
Module 23: Formaldehyde Awareness
Module 24: Process Safety Management of Highly Hazard Materials
In addition to Odessa, TX, this position may also be available in the following locations :
15 E Compass Road
Artesia, NM 88210
1278 FM 2066
Brownfield, TX 79316
World Class Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays and the ability to purchase additional days off
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan with a matching contribution
- Family Care program including paid time off to care for sick or injured immediate family members, adoption reimbursement, paternal and maternal leave for baby bonding and more.
- Employee Job Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Educational Assistance
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Opportunities may exist in multiple locations.
Additional Locations for this position:
Requisition Number: 74176
Job Family: Support Services
PSL: Maintenance PSL
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.