Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Client: Oil & Gas Service Company
Position: PMO / Planning & Performance Manager
The role will develop, implement and manage Project Management, Group Operational Planning and Performance Management processes and systems, for numerous continuous improvement projects,
enabling optimisation and delivery of defined operational excellence.
To succeed you will have demonstrable experience in this field along with the ability to establish excellent cross functional relationships, leading activities to ensure a high level of engagement and buy-in to drive required actions, decisions and outcomes.
As a leader you will be energised and inspiring, with the ability to mentor and coach line reports within the PMO along with business project teams to effectively implement the Project Delivery Approach, for which you will hold ownership. Working within a matrix organisation you will also coach indirect reports.
Reporting to the Group Operations and HSSEQ Director, the role is based in Aberdeen and will require regular local and national travel, with the potential for global travel.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Create detailed project, implementation and actions plans for the duration of each project, with clearly defined and agreed objectives.
- Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and proactively managed to minimise disruption to successful delivery. Implement testing e.g. system, regression, UAT with stakeholder sign-off, as part of the gating process.
- Monitor and measure progress, producing timely and accurate updates to enable informed decision making within the business. Participate in project reviews, approvals, and gating processes.
- Lead or attend Project Boards or Steering Groups, producing content as required.
- Track project benefits realisation and lessons learnt activities to feed into on-going improvements.
- Ensure intended project value is realised and reflected in the budget process.
- Develop, implement and manage the operational activity planning processes, ensuring improved accuracy and plan attainment. Embed in Company's management system ensuring their maintenance and development.
- Establish strong client relationships to better understand their challenges, priorities and demands and develop a process to convert activity plans to profiles for each base e.g. tonnage profiles.
- Plan resource needs against project priorities, working with the PMO and business.
- Produce quarterly plans and activity re-forecast based upon client activity revisions and changes to future workscopes. Identify opportunities where the planning process can be improved.
- Work with each of the hubs to optimise the planning process from budget planning, long term forecasting to day to day planning and resourcing processes.
- Consider how digital technology can support and develop the entire planning process.
- Develop, implement and manage the Operational and HSSEQ Performance Management process.
- Establish common Key Performance Indicators that will lead the business to the sustained goal of Operational and HSSEQ excellence.
- Create multiple dashboards and reports for Operational Units and Management reporting.
- Automate the reporting process as far as reasonably practicable.
- Establish an Operating rhythm framework ensuring performance information is available and is used effectively to set Business, Operational and HSSEQ objectives and targets.
- Deliver monthly Operational & HSSEQ reports in accordance with the Board reporting requirements.
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
- Demonstrable success in programme and project management processes (i.e. project planning, control and reporting).
- Strong understanding of planning and performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of Operational and HSSEQ excellence.
- Highly credibile subject matter expert, astute with commercial acumen and the motivated to produce continuous improvements and cost savings.
- Established experience devising/leading 'management of improvement' projects and workshops in line with principles such as 5S, Kanban, Lean etc would be preferable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to to build productive internal/external networks, and to negotiate, influence and challenge people at all levels.
- Supervisory experience to drive, develop and manage team performance including direct reports along with virtual or matrix project teams.
- Accustomed to measuring, analysing, and understanding technical information, and producing and presenting clearly articulated, well-structured reports including project status, benefits realisations and lessons learnt.