Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Position: Group Supply Chain Manager
Client: Oil & Gas Service Company
Reporting to the Group Operations & HSSEQ Director, the role is key to managing all group procurement related activities, driving efficiencies throughout the business while minimising commercial and contractual risk.
As an energised and influential leader, you will manage and develop a team driven to achieve and exceed business goals, ensuring operational and commercial excellence.
A key responsibility for the role is establishing the procurement standard, continual development and roll out of procurement related policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring the standard is robust and fit for purpose and embedded across the group's worldwide operations.
As our ideal candidate you will be an engaging and articulate communicator accustomed to working with senior stakeholders. You will possess a practical understanding of a fast-paced operational environment accompanied by the vision, energy and drive to deliver ongoing business improvements.
- Propose an effective range of procurement strategies and deliver process to gain best value and efficiencies
- Provide leadership and advice to operational personnel and management on all procurement issues.
- Apply a fair and consistent approach to the management and development of the Procurement team, pro-actively addressing issues such as performance, absence, training and succession planning. Provide guidance and advice, as required, to achieve the highest standards of team performance and service delivery.
- Proactively investigate and challenge current spend throughout the business to initiate and lead cost saving and value creation initiatives wherever feasible.
- Manage all procurement relationship activities, with personal responsibility for strategic key supplier relationships.
- Maintain and update the Company's approved vendors lists, including auditing and monitoring of suppliers/subcontractors with assistance from the HSSEQ department, as required.
- Business ownership of all procurement related processes and systems with responsibility to drive and deliver continuous improvement and development.