Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Focal Point for the engineering activities of the Engineering team acting as a conduit between management and staff delegating tasks, negotiating workloads, assessing performance and reporting on developments.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, PD&MS QHSE Systems. Assurance that personnel under the Lead Engineer's control comply with the procedures.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards. Assurance that personnel under the Lead Engineer's control comply with relevant documents.
• Supervision of personnel and responsible for the technical content and quality of work produced.
• Direction of Engineers and Designers with frequent liaison to ensure coordination between engineering and design personnel.
• Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project / job. Estimation of deliverables, manpower and time required to execute the scope of work.
• Input to project plans and schedules.
• Immediate identification to the Project Manager/Engineer of any issue that has the potential to cause change or growth to any area of the project of study, in comparison to the original design intent / deliverables required.
• Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client. Motivation of discipline personnel to do similarly.
• Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel and, if beneficial, carrying out presentations to site personnel of changes to their installation.
• Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
• Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule and budget. Reporting progress as per PD&MS systems and procedures.
• Forward planning of resources and timely identification of changes to resource requirements to the Department Head.
• Checking and approval of documents and engineering design deliverables created by own discipline.
• Approval of document and deliverables created by other disciplines which have own discipline content.
• Review of documents circulated by other disciplines for IDC or comment.
• Review and approval of Supplier / Vendor documents.
• Communication with other discipline Lead Engineers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
• Checking and approval of requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services.
• Identification of increase or reduction in scope of work and raising the necessary support documents for project control purposes.
• Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer, e.g. kick-off meeting, progress meeting.
• Attendance at Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments etc.
• Ensuring Discipline Engineers follow discipline procedures for document control and use and retention of check prints/IDC comments prints.
• Ensuring close-out of completed jobs in a timely manner.
• Representation of PD&MS with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner.
• Approval and sign off of direct report timesheets and time off requests ensuring submission is within the required timelines.
• Liaison with the Department Head to identify areas for development and to implement improvements in working practices.
• Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
• Ensure compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client and PD&MS Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis.
• Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
• Performance of discipline engineering tasks and co-ordination of other discipline engineering tasks and activities, in accordance with Company QA, HS & E policies.
• Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practices, following the objectives of the Office and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans.
• Encouragement of attention to safety in all personnel.
• Adherence to the Company Integrated Management System.
• Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies.
• Demonstrate and promote PD&MS QHSE principles and lead by example.
• Ensure unsafe activities are challenged.
• Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties, in particular, risk assessment and control, reliability and failure prevention necessary to ensure the safe design of equipment and systems.
• Demonstrate and promote PD&MS values and lead by example.
• Awareness and understanding of the business drivers and values.
• Assurance of competence of engineering personnel under Lead Engineer control. Identification of personnel shortfalls and submission of proposal to Department Head / Country Manager for solutions such as training, coaching or other measures.
• Ensure direct report performance reviews are carried out within the required timescales.
• Training and development of Graduate Engineers and assistance to Design Team Leader for training and development of Trainee Designers.
• Ensure all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues of new technology.
• Development of Training Plans for direct report Azeri National resources, and regular monitoring of performance against the Training Plan (NB: This is a BP Caspian specific responsibility).