Skills: Maintenance Technician, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Business/Department: Onshore Operations
Reporting to: Planning Supervisor
Schedule: 28-day rotation
Provide detailed planning for maintenance and small projects. Identify all resources requirement for implementation such as manpower, materials, tools, equipment, 3rd party services, as well as all documentation needed for complete work packs.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
- Check for new unplanned work orders in the system. In conjunction with the discipline Supervisor or Project Engineer, plan work orders with the manpower, service, and material requirements; raise move orders, release orders or purchase requisitions if needed. Once all resources are confirmed, schedule each job in the 28-day plan and the weekly schedule in coordination with area Operations and Maintenance or Project Supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring all planned, corrective and Safety Critical Elements maintenance are assessed and reviewed prior to scheduling, ensuring valid justification for any deviation from the approved plan. Also provide valid justification for any deferment in a timely manner to allow sufficient time for review by the Technical Authority.
- Create Purchase Requisitions for non-stock items and move orders for stock items. This should be done at the time of planning the work order. Communicate with the buyers and advise job owners of delivery dates.
- Print job cards and hand over to discipline supervisor.
- Send requests with the necessary details (drawings and sourcing information's received from the buyers in Main Office) to the Materials Master Data Coordinator to create a new item number. Follow up with the Buyers for procuring both stock and non-stock items.
- Follows the 28 Day Plan. Coordinate with Operations and Maintenance Supervisors, and Project Engineers to produce the 7-day schedule.
- Responsible for the weekly planning and scheduling for all disciplines and small Operations projects. Participate in the daily planning meetings to review the work packs and Operations acceptance in order to attain good planning compliance.
- Coordinate with other Maintenance Planners / Warehouse for any urgent materials requirement.
- Participate in Company safety programs.
- Perform Emergency Response Role as required by Company.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
- Completion of first year of Secondary (10 years) education
- 3-year Diploma or apprenticeship in either electrical, mechanical or instrument trade (equivalent to UK, City and Guilds/ National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC)/ Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- 3-5 years working in an operating oil and gas facility as a maintenance technician, Mechanical, Instrument, or electrical.
- 2-4 years working in a planning role in maintenance.
- Computer literate, has knowledge of Microsoft Office and Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as Oracle.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.