Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will manage the Finance team to ensure all finance processes and activities are correctly administered in a timely and accurate manner. Role responsibilities include the management of the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, GDNI and GRNI, month / year-end reporting, and the development of KPIs. Also to assist the management team to drive and deliver business objectives and efficiencies.
Applicants should be Degree qualified (in a relevant subject) and have substantial demonstrable experience within a similar role. You will be an energised and motivated leader who delivers continuous improvements through the successful management of people and processes.
- Present a positive image of the Company through first class service delivery and customer engagement, building effective relationships across the business.
- Measure business performance and implement corrective action, as agreed with management.
- Work closely with Operations, management teams and the wider business to ensure best practice and the use of systems is understood and adopted.
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement of customer service, processes and cost effectiveness. Manage team performance, ensuring output and efficiency is maintained including the timely issue of sales invoices.
- Apply a fair and consistent approach to the management and development of the team, pro-actively addressing issues such as performance, absence, training and succession planning.
- Monitor financial performance, making improvements, suggestions and driving efficiencies which will result in either reducing costs or improving revenues.
- Ensure Management and Statutory accounts are correctly prepared to meet deadlines.
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and reviewed.
- Prepare and present financial information to the Management Board on a regular basis.
- Monitor business performance through the development of profit and loss models, capturing profitability by customer, product and location, along with review of KPI data through MS AX.
- Manage the cash flow, budget, forecasting and annual audit processes.
- Ensure accurate sales invoicing, purchase ledger management and customer/supplier management.
- Ensure errors are identified and addressed at source and that solutions are implemented.
- Implement systems and controls for the finance function and wider business.
- Assist in tender review process and other commercial projects, as required.
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
- Experience contributing to successful change / improvement projects.
- Excellent customer relationship management with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional approach to the leadership and management of people.
- Previous experience in a Supervisory role would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to report write and present.
- Solutions based, motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support.
- Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing workloads, priorities and deadlines, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- Highly numeric with a strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, planning and organising skills.
- Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while contributing to the wider team.
- Well-developed IT skills across the MS suite, a practical understanding of data entry/reporting and ERP.