Skills: Geologist, Geoscientist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Senior Geologist - KL, Malaysia
Location KL, Malaysia
Start Date - ASAP
Typical Working Hours - 45 hours a week
Travel Requirement - No
Package - Competitive day rate
Contract Length - 12 months
My Client is an international consultancy who are based in KL and working with large IOC's.
They are currently searching an Experienced Senior Geologist for a new drilling and workover project working as part of the asset team requiring multi-disciplinary experience.
• Draft and update geologic prognoses for all approved drilling wells within assigned areas
• Coordinate well permitting and drilling location preparation in cooperation with land, regulatory, drilling and facilities groups
• Provide technical support and quality oversight for wellsite geology processes, including mudlogging, LWD/MWD, wireline logging, coring and directional drilling in a multi-rig environment
• Geosteer horizontal wells in a 24/7 operation to ensure proper placement of wellbore within a specific target
• Perform real-time monitoring and interpretation of data acquired while drilling
• Provide expertise for planning, execution and look-back analysis for all wells drilled in the business unit, including but not limited to horizontal wells
• Maintain open communication with project geologist, project Petrophysicist and drilling team during horizontal drilling operations following chain of command
• Maintain a daily reporting system for well operations and data gathering
• Operate and enforce safety practices within the operation complying with company policies, state and federal regulations
• Work effectively with a variety of individuals from numerous disciplines
The Candidate Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Geoscience or related discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years applicable experience in the Geoscience field.
• Strong Geosteering horizontal well experiences
• Field experience with horizontal drilling, LWD/MWD and wireline logging technologies and applications
• The right to live and work in Malaysia
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!